Instagram

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Isn't it ironic....don't you think?




Well, Alanis hit it on the head back in the 90s. Man, this was one of my first cds my brother gave me. Along with Jewel, Chery Crow, Pearl Jam and 311. Good times. Okay, fast forward about twenty years to present day and watch the irony continue. For starters, how was your lunch today? Was it all peach pie and small talk? Was it free? Did you devour a juicy cheeseburger and onion rings? If so, you are lucky and likely do maintain a glutenfree diet. I digress.

Today, May 1, 2014, I had a life changing lunch. And it actually had nothing to do with the food. My salad was mediocre and the shrimp overcooked but the speak, the conversation, the ideas, dreams and the grand design sent me to cloud 9.

What it comes down to is everything is going to be quite alright, because it already is. We are only held back by our own fear. We can overcome the greatest hurdles, highest mountains and deepest oceans. We can stand strong on our word, faith and conviction and he can live and act with humility and kindness. Great things are accomplished because people work hard. No shooting stars required. Wish on yourself and see what happens.

So back to the lunch, never in my life have I received so much recognition in one place and had my accomplishments and life achievements laid before me like accolades of a commander that saves lives. I think of my life and the adversity I've faced as things on a checklist and that it was done because that's what anyone would do. But I am starting to see that not everyone thinks or acts that way. But for me there was never another way. I always saw and still see myself as the option, as the person to make things happen for me and to give my kids the life I imagined. So, with great happiness, joy and humility, I listened to John's comments and congratulations wash over me as I sat with my back against the restaurant booth. As he spoke, I recounted hard and glorious times, various careers opportunities, moves and downfalls, I listened to his story and then with conviction I told mine. It was wonderful because never in my life have I felt so comfortable, adventurous, kind, loving, eager, so proud and grateful to be the woman I am, so loved and peaceful. Sure gray skies will come again but then so will the rainbows. 

I think to myself, what a wonderful world, what an amazing life.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment