Instagram

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's not everyday....


It's not everyday you get a call from Jesus....okay, I realize that's not very funny to most/some people, BUT when Jesus calls, I chuckle as I read his name on the caller ID. As inappropriate it may be, I think it is funny and it made me smile early this morning.

You know what is bothersome about this day (and many days I might add)...people who call with an important matter, listen for the voicemail prompt, then refuse to leave a message. I am dumbfounded on how that is an effective way of getting what you want.

Also today marks my first nutriblast day. Instead of juicing this week and eating
something for breakfast, Kathleen thinks we should do smoothies, so, I made one this morning.

Alina's Smoothie Sacrifice
Half the nutribullet container filled with chopped mangoes and pineapple (go with more mango if given the choice)
Fill container with greens (this morning I used butter lettuce)
Add 3/4 orange juice with pulp to the max line
And top of with almond milk to the max line (basically a shot)
Blend until you don't see green things (very scientific)
Pour in your favorite giant cup and suck it down with a straw. It's not too bad.

I am reminded to "Be Free" as I look to the right from my desk. My poster "Be Free" grounds me and reminds me that this crazy chaos of work doesn't own me, that I have all that I need and all my needs are met, I am loved and I love, and if none of that pops in my head, the poster reminds me that I can step away from my desk and do a quick handstand or some pose or variation and breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Because at the end of it all, as long as I am doing my best for this moment. I am doing all that I can.

xoxo
Louisiana Girl


P.S. I am hoping for an uneventful evening filled with deep dish pizza and laughs!

No comments:

Post a Comment