Instagram

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

She has boots! And it's raining in Germany!


 How do you make a 10 year old fashionista happy? Take her shopping! Grandpa promised Bailey her very own cowgirl boots, from the boot store! And he made good on his promise Monday night. Last night, I came home to one chipper little tween sporting her new boots! She was a wee bit disappointed she wasn't going anywhere to show off her new look. But, when I told her that I could take a few pictures of her, she lit up and embraced the moment. She's decided that the boots will be part of her holiday wardrobe. And I must admit, I am a little jealous.

The sun is shining bright in Baton Rouge but there is a lovely winterish rain storm happening right now in Germany! I love when Martina sends visual updates, see last picture. (squeal)  I also love that she is so happy these days! She is totally embracing her new relationship with Mr F. and boy, he is a hottie. I am beyond ecstatic for her and will miss her dearly this holiday season but am stoked she is spending the time in the arms of her love.

Speaking of holidays.....Thanksgiving is next week! This is the first holiday without gluten. And not just any holiday, my all time favorite food holiday!!!! Do you know that most things amazing have gluten in them? Well, I do. And I fully accept the challenge to make gluten my bitch and have a fantastic Turkey Day without it! I say, "Gluten is the new Al Quaeda" ok, I did not say that. It is from Etsy. See here Anywho! That's not the point! The point is that I can make anything you can make better and without gluten....Don't believe me? Think I am bluffing, then bring it. I accept the challenge. Ok, maybe I am letting my head get too big here. There are some things that just aren't the same but Damn, I can get it close. And I can promise you that I can make a gluten free cupcake that is so delicious, you will beg for seconds. Believe dat. Back to the point...I will ease some on the rambling for now, I am really stoked to make some beloved dishes gluten-free. I feel like I've mastered cornbread and now making dressing will be easy-peasy. Also, I know I can make a cookie and a brownie that everyone will love and I will feel included on the indulging. I am so happy to share food with people. Maybe I am in the wrong industry.


Well, I plan to make:
A Cheeseball
GF Cornbread Dressing
Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Coconut Flour
Pralines
GF Flourless Brownies
Pumpkin Pie Smoothies (this is for K)
Pumpkin and Vanilla mini donuts

And this morning, I made the following in the Nutribullet:
1 peeled satsuma
Mangoes and Pineapple (1/2 of the cup)
Baby Spinach (1/2 of the cup)
And water to the max line because we were out of juice and milk!
Blend until the greens are liquid.

It was super tasty and really sweet with the satsuma, just the way I like it.

xoxo
Louisiana Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment