Instagram

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

When it rains, it pours...literally.

There are moments when you are waiting for a response and all motion and time cease to exist and you are so focused on wanting to know if all is okay that you totally step outside of the world and you enter this hypertime period until you are able to exhale.

Sunday afternoon was one of those moments. After a tumultuous morning and lots of baking and yelling and anger, I went to work and had a serious thinking and relaxing session. It was great. The weather was awfully cold and rainy and not conducive for outdoor activities. On my way home from work I wanted to go somewhere but due to the rain, I went home. I was home long enough to pop popcorn when my dad called. He said he was in a wreck and wasn't sure he was okay.

Immediately, my mind raced to doom and gloom and I just wanted to get there (safely) and make sure he was okay. I arrived on the scene to see his brand new truck wrecked and immobile. Luckily, he was okay. Just a few bruises and really shook up. Mainly, heartbroken over the truck.

After what was quite a long while, state troopers showed up, wreckers arrived and we were off to change out of our wet clothes and map out the evening and next morning.

The next day, I drove him to work early in the morning and saw this beautiful site after dropping him off and my little girl was asleep in the backseat.

So, that night, the best thing I could do was make waffles.

Also, my little man is sick. I hope he recovers quickly.
And so is my grandpa, I hope he gains strength and makes it home for the holidays.



<------------this kit is super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment