Instagram

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cold Brew DIY: hassle or happy?

Do you love coffee? I do! I do! I do! Although, coffee doesn't always love me. Cold brewing reduces the acidity in coffee and yields a hearty concentrate for use in mixing with cream, milk, etc. or if you are pretty hardcore, straight with no mixer.

As a surprise, I sent K this cool coffee tasting kit from Etsy. Drift Away Coffee roasts beans to order and puts these awesome little kits together! I am sucker for cute! Combine cute and coffee, I am so there.

Drift Away Taste Sampler


Find a glass jar and pick your roast

Look at these gorgeous beans! And they smell A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Coarse grind(gravel size) we don't have a grinder but the Nutribullet worked awesomely 

Gather your water and freshly ground beans. I used 1/3 cup of grinds and 1 1/2 cups water

Pour the coffee in a mason jar

Add your water

Stir the mixture with a wooden or plastic spoon (I used a chopstick, just be sure to NOT use metal)

After stirring, coffee is blooming

Screw on the top and place on the counter for 8-24 hours

And just like that cold brew.... you aren't finished yet....
Once you follow all the steps detailed above, you let the coffee rest overnight. When you are ready to strain your brew, prepare your strainer, stir your mixture and gently pour through your strainer. The concentrate this amount yields will make about 4 tall iced coffees. The recipe easily doubles, triples, etc. You can even use more grind if you want a stronger concentrate.

Enjoy!

Definitely a happy, no hassle

No comments:

Post a Comment