Instagram

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Do something fun, tell someone you love them and laugh a lot....



K and I saw this today. Super cute! I love movies!

I feel very conscious of my blessings lately, and yet, I feel selfish and spoiled and distant. However, I am allowing providing myself an observation phase. I mean, isn't life an observation in itself? But the point of my observation phase is to identify.

Here are some of my observations:

  • Losing my job was the best thing for my health, sanity, family. 
  • Getting a job was epic.
  • Starting on the 8 limb path and working from a place of possibility is changing my life 
    • I am starting with the yamas, currently focusing on Ahimsa. 
  • Being here, now, is the best place on earth.
  • The bluebird really is signing on my doorstep (and he's right outside yours as well, you just have to stop searching past him)
  • Clearing clutter, stuff, excess, dust, dirt, debris, tainted memories, thoughts and treasures from your space and place allows creativity, grace and peace to follow in epic sweeping waves, think gracious tsunami. Clear space for your gracious tsunami to flow. 
  • Confronting your fears is scary but living in fear is terrifying.
  • Loving may end in a loss but to never love is a loss I cannot imagine.
  • My children are the most beautiful creatures and their hearts and minds are eager for much. But, I hope they allow the calm to sweep in and see the beauty and bliss surrounding their lives.
  • Family makes the world go round, no matter what shape, size, color, computation composes the family. 
Maybe so many thoughts surfaced this week because it was quiet, maybe I am becoming more grounded? Maybe both, maybe neither. Yesterday when I walked out the door for work, I hopped in the car and backed out like usual but the car sounded funny. I motioned for K to pull out so I could go back in the drive. I had a super flat. She ended up calling in late to work, driving me and dropping me at the office, I made it with time to spare (pun intended). But she was happy to do it. I must admit, I like her driving me to work. But, then I started thinking, it is just a flat. It didn't happen while driving, no one was hurt, so all good. It can be fixed and tada. I remember a time when I would've been quite bent out of shape over it and let it upset me and ruin my moments. I am grateful to know and watch myself from a distance and see that I am handling life better some days. 

You know you are a party animal when cleaning, organizing and moving furniture is a hot Friday night and you do it past midnight. Oh yea! We get down with some Dr. Bronners and sweeping round here. Last night, K and I did just that. I organized the pantry and worked on the kitchen while she dressed our couches. We both moved them in circles, ultimately placing them in the same places we started, and then we organized the linens into vacuum bags. Holla! And we aren't done. We are still ripping and rolling. Well, now I am yogaing and blogging and she is baking. But we aren't finished because there are still things to do ;)


K's Baking Reine de Saba (LOVE) RIP Julia Childs


No comments:

Post a Comment